SERVER CHANGE LOG (SEPTEMBER 2019 - MAY 2020)
MTA - ALL
- The /OOPS command now automatically makes you say "Wrong channel (/oops)" in the channel you typed in by accident.
- Right-clicking while the scoreboard is open now toggles the mouse cursor and stops the scoreboard from closing until you right-click again, so you no longer have to hold down the mouse button or the TAB key.
- Ctrl-clicking a player on the scoreboard now displays their player stats in the chat box, and alt-clicking them causes their player stats web page to pop up in the in-game browser.
MTA - MTA:DAYZ AND WSBG
- /GIVESP now does the same thing as /GIVEPOINTS.
- Loot now spawns more quickly once a loot sector is triggered.
- Trading Card Packs can no longer be purchased from the item shop. This is due to all the outcry about loot crates in various games. Trading cards probably don't count, but someone would undoubtedly claim that they do eventually.
- Shop points can no longer be transferred between the MTA:DayZ and WSBG servers. This is in preparation for the shard system, as we want the new shards to be a fresh start.
- AK-47 damage increased by 10% when attacker and target are less then 18 m apart.
- Players can no longer exit vehicles while travelling above 30 mph when PVP-flagged, when inside a warzone in MTA:DayZ, or when in-game in WSBG, unless the vehicle's hull is badly damaged.
- Added a 3-second cooldown (approximately) on the BMX jump key when PVP-flagged, when inside a warzone in MTA:DayZ, or when in-game in WSBG.
- Added a new level-up sound. Players can choose between the old and the new sounds by entering /LEVELSOUND followed by 2 for the new sound, 1 for the original, or 0 to disable.
- Your gang/group members are now highlighted in green on the scoreboard, and party members on are highlighted in orange in MTA:DayZ (see MTA:DAYZ section below for information on party system).
- You can now see your gang/group/party members' blood value on the scoreboard. Statuses are shown next to the blood, as a "+" symbol if the player is bleeding, a "P" if they are in pain, or a "B" if they have a broken bone.
- The button that appears after right-clicking on an item in the inventory ("Eat", "Drink", "Use", etc.) now shows the item name in its text for most items.
- Night Vision Goggles and Infrared Goggles can now be toggled on and off from the inventory, and right-clicking a map will cause the text, "Press F11 to use", to be displayed on the use button. This is meant to help new players that haven't discovered the keybinds yet.
- Added /SIREN command, which toggles vehicle sirens on and off when you are the driver, since it is hard to do it with the keybind on higher framerates.
MTA - MTA:DAYZ
- Weekly Super Warzone moved from Sundays to Saturdays.
- Many new animal spawns added by Gus.
- Animals now only spawn when players are nearby, and despawn when no players have been near them for a while, freeing some memory and bandwidth.
- Loot spawns inside interiors now trigger when a player passes over the entrance marker, rather than waiting for the player to enter.
- There is now a 1 in 1000 chance of Clarice giving you a Trading Card Pack for each item that you sell to her.
- Added (hopefully) temporary workaround for bug preventing corpses from actually being dead. For the time being, corpses will appear red through Infrared Goggles.
- Gunshots now pass through corpses. This was an accidental side effect of the above workaround, but I will attempt to keep it intact after the workaround is no longer necessary.
- Prone animation no longer plays to the end of the GTA:SA death animation used, so players will stop moving as soon as they are on the ground.
- Players attempting to enter map glitches will now only be forced to allow VIP Members to spectate them once they have received 5 warnings.
- Animals now have sound effects when zombie groans are enabled.
- Range of AK-47 increased from 70 m to 85 m, matching WSBG server.
- Fixed bug which prevented monthly resets from affecting players online at the time of the reset, and prevented secret underground railway codes from resetting.
- Fixed bug which prevented animation from working when making a fire.
- Each player can now only receive a Loot Crate once for answering each of Clarice's riddles.
- Correct answers given for Clarice's riddles over global chat will now automatically be changed to private messages directly to Clarice, so that the answers aren't given away to all players online.
- Players can no longer ask Clarice for riddles.
- Added 5-second shared cooldown on pitching a tent and building a wire fence.
- Added car chase event stats (wins and wins as driver) and leaderboard. The player at the top of the leaderboard will be able to choose the "Steve McQueen" title.
- Players can no longer glue to vehicles while at lag level 3 or above (a ping of 220 or greater).
- Players glued to vehicles will now be killed in 1 hit with any weapon. This is a (hopefully) temporary workaround for a bug that was making glued players almost impossible to kill.
- Added 500 ms cooldown on proning and sitting while PVP-flagged.
- Combat-log and other quit punishments are no longer avoided by players kicking themselves.
- Items are now dropped immdediately upon logout when combat-logging. Combat-loggers will still be autoslain when they log back in.
- Alive time is now counted per second, client-side, and then resync'd with the server every 60 seconds (of alive time). This means players can no longer abuse safe zones and the server's minute tick to get high alive time stats with minimal danger.
- Alive time no longer ticks while players are inside melee gyms.
- Added party system. Parties work similarly to gangs but are temporary, and meant to be used either by players that wish to play with someone outside their gang without having to leave their gang and create a temporary one. They can also be used within a gang when a small group of gang members are playing together and wish to focus more on each other than the rest of their gang. Parties temporarily override gangs in most respencts (for example XP sharing). While in a party, you will be able to see your fellow party members' blips on the map and GPS (gang members that are not in the party will still be visible but transparent so that it is easy to distinguish between party and gang members). Parties have no leader and any party member can invite other players to the party. Players can invite their fellow gang members to a party at any time, but need to be within 10 m of a player outside their gang to invite them. This is to prevent parties from changing the way trades, ambushes, etc. are played out. Once all members of a party have been logged out for 30 minutes, the party will be cleared, and all parties are cleared on server restart. The following commands can be used regarding parties:
-- /INVITE name - invite player to party (shift-clicking a player on the scoreboard will also invite them to your party)
-- /ACCEPT - accept party invitation
-- /DECLINE - decline party invitation
-- /LEAVE - leave party
-- /P [message] - party chat (there is no default keybind for party chat because all players are encouraged to switch over to sticky chat in preparation for the shard system. However, it is possible to bind one manually with /BIND key CHATBOX P)
-- /PARTY|GROUP|BLIPS - display status of party members in chat (automatically displays gang members' status if not in party)
-- /PROLL - roll the dice and show your party the results
-- /PCARD - pick a card and show your party the results
- Changed several gang-related commands to work alongside party commands:
-- /GINVITE name - invite player to gang
-- /GACCEPT - accept gang invitation
-- /GDECLINE - decline gang invitation
-- /GLEAVE - leave gang
- Buggy teamkill automatic punishment (/PUNISH) removed.
- Z-ordering of VIP base radar blips changed so that player blips always appear in front.
- Added new item, "Light Amplification Visor" (totally not stolen from Doom), which disables fog caused by MTA:DayZ Night mod while being worn, making night time appear like a standard GTA:SA night. This is meant to be an alternative to Night Vision Goggles for the players that dislike the Night mod. There is no real advantage to using visors over NVG's. Visors spawn at Area 69 with a 50% chance of spawning in place of any NVG's that would have spawned there.
- Added gang name colours. Gangs are now given a random colour by default, which the gang name is displayed in on the scoreboard. Gang leaders can change these colours /GANGCL string, where string is the full gang name with #RRGGBB codes added for each colour change (you can use multiple colours). For example, if your gang is called "My Gang" and you want the word "My" to appear in red, and "Gang" to appear in green, you would enter /GANGCL #FF0000My #00FF00Gang (Remember, you can enter /COLOURS to pop up a colour picker web page, which shows you the colour codes required. Use /BLIPCL to change your radar blip colour).
- During car chase events, wire fences will now appear when the chase vehicle is nearby, blocking the entrances to various places used to camp with the vehicle. Admins can add more of these fences if and when necessary. Finding ways around these fences to camp beyond them with the chase vehicle will be viewed as cheating.
- You can now make a fire by using a Wood Pile in your inventory instead of using your Box of Matches, as long as you have both (using the matches still works). This is the prevent confusion for new players.
- Your GPS can now be toggled on and off from the inventory.
MTA - WSBG
- The "Not ready" display now reads "Ready up" and the "No group" display reads "Join/create group", to prevent confusion.
- Players start in a not ready state after logging in.
- Animations such as proning can no longer be used while in the air.
- Added 500 ms cooldown on proning and sitting.
- Clarice now asks spontaneous riddles, as she does in MTA:DayZ.
- Shift-clicking a player on the scoreboard will now invite them to your group.
MTA - FREEROAM
- Shift-clicking a player on the scoreboard will now teleport you to their location.
GMOD - BOTH
- Changed HUD stats box text from white to WyeSoft's standard blue.
GMOD - TTT
- The 1-2 player optional zombie spawns have been replaced with "NPC spawns" - the same thing but includes other NPC enemies besides zombies. This can be toggled with !NPCS or /NPCS (as well as the original !ZOMBIES or /ZOMBIES).
- Prize Tokens are now awarded for prestiging, as in MTA:DayZ. These are the same Prize Tokens awarded on MTA, to be spent at the Prize Booth: http://prizes.wyesoft.com/
- Added Weekly Comp, in which players can win Prize Tokens and shop points (TTT shop points, not MTA ones). Please see previous post about TTT Weekly Comp.
Our Plutonium server is still new, so there's not much point in starting a proper change log for it yet, but it needed to be mentioned. Plutonium is basically the MTA of Call of Duty Black Ops II. Anyone that likes CoD Zombies should check out our server. It runs most of the BO2 Zombies maps in vanilla mode, as well as customised versions of some of them that I've made, such as "Mob Overdrive", which is Mob of the Dead with added bank, Mule Kick and AK-47 wall buy, among other things. I'm planning to make something similar for Tranzit soon.