The problem with "Chase" Events.

FuzzyFuz
VIP Member

The problem with "Chase" Events.

Postby FuzzyFuz » Wed May 13, 2020 8:58 pm

I really love the idea of the "Chase" event on the server. It sounds fun, and most probably is, but something has to be done about how the players actually "Play" this event. Every chase event, when a gang of a couple of people manage to take the chase car, they just go to either the 3 Police Departments, or to Emerald to just sit there, and camp. When someone tries to get it, it's just sooo hard. So, the whole idea of the "Chase" Event should be to "Chase" it, not "Camp it". I'd love a new implementation to the server, where during the Chase Event, to place a Teleport trigger at places like the 3 Police Departments' Impound places and the Emerald building, to stop people from Camping it and ruining the fun of the Chase Event.

Pancakes.
dungeonkeeper
Server Admin

Re: The problem with "Chase" Events.

Postby dungeonkeeper » Thu May 14, 2020 5:34 am

I agree, Its a shame that a event which should be exhilarating and exciting chase has ended up being holed up in a car park . Not sure if we can do something about it, I know players have bases in the car parks too so makes it doubly hard to try and capture back the patriot

One idea i though of was make it the patriot has to be moving, a bit like the film "Speed". if it stops for a certain amount of time it blows up /respawns

Balrog is the one who has to figure out if this is feasible or perhaps he can come up with a better idea :)
[mtadayz1stats]lara[/mtadayz1stats]
[mtadayz2stats]lara[/mtadayz2stats]
FuzzyFuz
VIP Member

Postby FuzzyFuz » Thu May 14, 2020 8:58 am

Your idea actually sounds very good, i would love an implementation like that to the Chase car. This would make the event so much more fun.
FuzzyFuz
VIP Member

Postby FuzzyFuz » Thu May 14, 2020 10:42 am

Although, with your idea people could just drive in circles in the same places (PD's and Car parks) the whole time, but i think that a teleport trigger for the patriot at the car parks and impounds would be better
Balrog
Founder

Postby Balrog » Fri May 15, 2020 11:00 am

Yeah, I've been meaning to try and fix this for a while. I was going to do what DK said where it has to keep moving, but then they'd just drive it round in there. Swigger suggested making wire fences spawn to block the car parks, which is similar to the teleport idea, but they'll probably just find somewhere else to camp. I'll think of a way to do it, probably combining a few of these ideas.

Return to “General”