Playing Classic Doom Online

For any game-related information that might be useful both inside and outside of our community. No cheats for online games.
Balrog
Founder

Postby Balrog » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:07 pm

First you need a genuine copy of Doom II - more specifically the file Doom2.wad. It's also nice to have Doom.wad from Doom 1, and Plutonia.wad and TNT.wad from Final Doom, but not essential. All four files come with the Doom Classic Complete set, available on Kinguin and G2A.

If you didn't get your WAD files through Steam, you might need to update them to the latest versions.

Next you need to download the online Doom port, Zandronum.

And finally, download the server browser, Doom Explorer.

Once you have everything installed, load Doom Explorer and configure the paths to all the important files in the Directories section of the Options tab, as well as your name in the Launch Game Parameters section (tick Zandronum and enter your name next to it; you can use colours by pressing the Up and Down arrow keys). Now you're ready to find a server and start playing.

Doom Classic Complete on G2A
SvenNag

Postby SvenNag » Tue May 28, 2019 2:37 am

Its has been years since I played the game and fired it up a week ago and have not stopped playing. Does anyone play online anymore?
Balrog
Founder

Re: Playing Classic Doom Online

Postby Balrog » Tue May 28, 2019 8:22 am

Yeah, lots of people, though I don't know if our servers ever get used by anyone other than me.

Return to “Guides, Mods, Singleplayer Cheats, etc.”