Question for those who looks for "resets"

Rex

Question for those who looks for "resets"

Postby Rex » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:26 am

I know there are some that looks for resets in the game, because it gets boring after awhile. The question I want to know the answer to, is why? Is it because you don't feel like the game is going anywhere any more, or are you just that bored and won't go and try to capture other peoples planets, after noticing 1250 planets or more has been made?
Javah

Re: Question for those who looks for "resets"

Postby Javah » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:38 pm

I think that when and whether a reset is needed depends upon the playstyles of the players, so there is no hard-and-fast rule on when it is appropriate.
* If everybody is being peaceful and wants to continue being peaceful? Then as long as there are a good number of systems with room for more planets, there is little need.
* If players want to race for Top Rank but the ranks have solidified? Maybe it is time for a reset.
* If the active players want to engage in warfare but there is a massive difference between their scores? Maybe it is time for a reset. (Or a reconsideration of the "no multiple accounts" rule, so they can make side-accounts specifically for their bout.)
* If the top ranked players join together into a clan and go through the universe system-by-system to pick off all new players' planets? Maybe it is time for a reset. (Or for that universe to be set aside as the 'veteran' universe while a new universe is spun up.)

It also comes down to what the administration wants: do they want a game that is welcoming to new players or do they want the game to be the personal playground for a handful of veteran players?
* If the latter, then it wouldn't really matter whether or not the veterans locked down every system to prohibit trade and/or chased new players off.
* If the former, and they saw that happening, then they'd want to reset! lol.

Return to “Blacknova Traders and TradeWars 2002”