Universe Resets

Rex

Re: 2-Monthly Universe Resets

Postby Rex » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:50 am

Interesting, I didn't think that the integers was that low for the database you were using. Anyways, I like the idea of a game that is possibly longer, even with the idea of more sectors (easy to add or take away sectors), or even possibly a planet increase per sector (like 25 per sector, instead of 5, thus allowing for less sector claiming per 25 planets.).
Rincewind

Postby Rincewind » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:19 am

I don't mind what Rex is suggesting, although maybe with 5000 sectors 25 per sector is overkill..

5000 sectors and 10 planets per sector? :D

Make it a 6month game I guess..

Any idea when Universe1 will reset?
Balrog
Founder

Postby Balrog » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:09 pm

None of that stuff can be done in BNT anyway. When I mentioned more sectors I was talking about my own game that I plan to make.

Not sure, it's probably going to end up being 3-monthly resets, unless we just don't have a fixed game length and I just reset them whenever someone maxes out their points.
Rex

Postby Rex » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:56 am

Balrog wrote:None of that stuff can be done in BNT anyway. When I mentioned more sectors I was talking about my own game that I plan to make.

Not sure, it's probably going to end up being 3-monthly resets, unless we just don't have a fixed game length and I just reset them whenever someone maxes out their points.

The planet amount per sector can be changed, it is one of those things you can change, like the interest rate for the galactic bank, or the max population per planet max.
Balrog
Founder

Postby Balrog » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:08 am

Oh, really? Never noticed that option :D
Rincewind

Re: Universe Resets

Postby Rincewind » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:01 am

Any dates for resets? :)

Many ppl on uni1/2 want reset, they even put it in alliance name. Thanks!
Balrog
Founder

Postby Balrog » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Sorry, I completely forgot :B I'll reset both of them now since it's been ages. I think, instead of a fixed reset time, we should just wait and see when they need to be reset this time, and then base the future reset times on that.
Rincewind

Postby Rincewind » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:08 am

Thanks for that!

Sounds good to me. A suggestion for resets: whoever reaches max ship upgrade (54 on all modules) + 1 planet to max after that = wins?

If everyone else is ok with that, that is.
Rex

Postby Rex » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:07 pm

Balrog, if you ever decide to change anything like planets per sector, planet population or what not that cannot be changed via the admin universe creation page, I am willing to send you a copy of the file with the update. :)
Balrog
Founder

Postby Balrog » Wed May 10, 2017 4:35 pm

I've just reset universe 1, as I was asked to and it looked like it needed it.

Return to “Blacknova Traders and TradeWars 2002”