Overkill much?

Balrog
Founder

Re: Overkill much?

Postby Balrog » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:10 pm

Could be the production rates on the planet - you need to make sure they don't add up to 100% because the remainder is what goes on credits - or it could be that the planet is full and you need to build a base on it. Not really sure of any other possible reasons.

I'll look into running a TradeWars server. Wouldn't mind playing against the AI. Even if it only runs over Telnet/BBS, I can add a page with a browser-based Telnet client.
AJFay77

Postby AJFay77 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:02 pm

Cool stuff, and yes my production was 100% from other stuff.
I guess I misunderstood the part of the FAQ or guide or whatever that says 67 colonists generate 1 credit per turn or whatever. Don't know why it'd have any numbers there if you can set it.
Balrog
Founder

Postby Balrog » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:32 pm

I downloaded the Trade Wars 2002 server after, but it looks like it can only hold one player at a time, unless I pay to register it :(
AJFay77

Postby AJFay77 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:01 pm

That sucks. I still think you should toy around with it for a laugh or two, at least check out the hub station (press/enter V in the main nav menu and it'll tell you where the main station is; there are some weird things you can do there, also pressing random letters causes events to happen that aren't listed [most bad/deadly])
Balrog
Founder

Postby Balrog » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:07 pm

Yeah, I might do. If I like it, I might register it when I can afford to. It's not exactly expensive; I was just hoping it would be free to run like BNT is, but then I suppose they wouldn't be making any money from it.
Balrog
Founder

Postby Balrog » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:22 pm

I've registered the TradeWars server now. The page isn't public yet but you can try it if you want:
http://tradewars.wyesoft.com/

I'll open it up properly and put links to it from BNT some time in the next couple of days.

Return to “Blacknova Traders and TradeWars 2002”