New Server Ideas?

Balrog
Founder

New Server Ideas?

Postby Balrog » Tue May 29, 2018 10:26 pm

If all goes to plan, the WyeSoft Battlegrounds MTA server will be coming this weekend, albeit still a work in progress. Sadly though, MTA seems to be dying down in general, so are there any other games you'd like to see WyeSoft servers for?

I can't host anything that takes a lot of resources to run, like say a real DayZ server, or anything that requires a specific hosting company, but there are plenty of things that I could run on our existing server machines. Source engine and Unreal engine games are ideal, and most games that have smallish maps are probably ok, though I would usually need to own the game to set up a server so still can't really make any promises, but I'll look into any suggestions. Any servers I do end up hosting as a result of this post will probably be on-demand servers, at least to begin with, but that system seems to work really well for our existing ones.
kamax

Re: New Server Ideas?

Postby kamax » Wed May 30, 2018 9:33 pm

Sounds stupid or childish but i bet minecraft server would be played a lot , like make it full vanilla with world reset every month so players who didnt start since begining could catch up
Balrog
Founder

Re: New Server Ideas?

Postby Balrog » Thu May 31, 2018 5:42 am

I've thought about making a Minecraft server before. I've never played it but I know how popular it is. I don't own the game but I'll try and get a copy soon and look into it. I assume Minecraft servers need a lot of resources though, so I might not be able to host one on the machines we've got.

Return to “General”