Griff

Punishment Request Archive
kamax

Griff

Postby kamax » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:43 am

Gus wrote:I am putting out this topic to cover the ongoing issue of certain VIP Members who are persistently threatening and punishing players unnecessarily, specifically on the MTA server(s).

Often times when I'm on the server, I find myself observing a situation where a player has been slapped or even banned by a VIP Member, usually before being accused of tanking or lagging in some way. In certain cases, the punishment is justified and perfectly acceptable, however a lot of the time it is not, and is instead simply unnecessary and irrational.

As a VIP, you have specific administrative abilities which you possess solely for extreme situations where usage of them is essential to maintain a positive environment on the servers. This does not mean you have responsibilities, and your powers should not be treated as such.

You cannot, and should not be running around threatening or punishing every player who you consider to be tanking or lagging. MTA is also a game reliant on aim, and the fact that not all bullets are going to hit the enemy must be considered before jumping to any conclusions. Like I mentioned, there are certain cases where specific players are known to have poor connections, thus tanking shots - taking action is acceptable in this case, as it is unfair for other players. If you feel a player is truly and blatantly tanking shots for no apparent reason, you should confront them in a calm and civilised manner and inform them of the issue - if they choose to be disobedient and show no sign of cooperation, you may punish them in a way that is suitable and necessary next time they do something that is unfair and breaks the rules. This is the best possible way you could handle a situation, rather than exaggerating it and turning it into a huge argument, which there seems to be many of recently.

To summarise, please be coherent when using your power against another player. If someone doesn't die after you've sprayed half a mag at them, it doesn't mean they're tanking or lagging - not all shots connect with the player. Obviously this doesn't include a whole mag on a player who isn't moving, because if they survive that then they're obviously lagging.

Slapping/banning should be a last resort.

Idk but i think this is for all vips and griffin is avoiding it maybe his aim is bad or somthing but on my screen he didnt shoot me eaven once and i killed him twice in row, so he slapped me.

My internet
http://prntscr.com/extecb

Proofs
http://prntscr.com/extczb

By:Matijaa he cant create accound by some strange reason.
Griff
VIP Member

Re: Griff

Postby Griff » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:50 am

So in that little war that me, bob and domis were having i was dominating them, they died in couple of shots, nothing much, died couple of times. Then u came, killed me by driving on me with a swat, i give u that i couldnot move, after 5 or so minutes u came back and i blew the swat and u jumped out of it and i started shooting right when u got up, shot u +/- 20 bullets and u still had 12k, ran out of base and u are crouching next to a plane so i start shooting u and again i shot around 20 bullets and u had 12k then i just couldnot be bothered of u tanking so i slapped u.
Before all of this happend u tanked 20 or so bullets too.

Yes i know i shouldnot have slapped, but tanking like that is just unreal.
kamax

Postby kamax » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:53 am

As gus said not all bullets are applying and domis killed ge witouth problem few times so ye practice aim a bit
Griff
VIP Member

Postby Griff » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:56 am

So in that little war that me, bob and domis were having i was dominating them, they died in couple of shots, nothing much, died couple of times.

On them bullets hit and somehow 3 times bullets somehow dont want hit u.
Gus
Server Admin

Postby Gus » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:15 pm

This is another example of a poorly handled situation. I do wonder if anyone's even taken my post into consideration, because this isn't the only incident that has occurred since.

Most of the slaps I've witnessed have been done out of anger rather than because someone's actually caused issues or tanked bullets, and I know this because I've also seen the way some VIP's speak to players before and after they've been slapped. Slapping is done as punishment -- why would you slap someone just because your bullets in particular didn't kill them, despite their connection being absolutely fine? To me it just seems like a means of revenge.

It is clear that this is an issue that is beyond rectification, therefore VIP's access to slap has been revoked.
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤImage
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤImage

Return to “Completed Punishment Requests”