Alice in Chains - Download 06
Alien Ant Farm - Sonisphere 09
Alter Bridge - Download 11
Amplifier - Download 06
Anathema - Download 10
Anthrax (twice) - Sonisphere 09 and Download 12
April Divine - Staind gig in October 11
Arch Enemy - Download 06
Atreyu (twice, technically) - Download 06 and Download 10 - the times were printed wrong or changed both times so I only saw a few minutes at DL06 and three or four songs at DL10 - fuckers!
Avenged Sevenfold (twice) - Download 06 and Download 11 (only the last few songs - clashed with Sevendust). Would've seen them at Reading 08 too but they pulled out
Biffy Clyro - Download 12
Billy Idol - Download 10
Billy Talent - Download 12
Björn Again - Sonisphere 09 - OMFG! Abba covers?! Supposedly rocked up but they sound just as bad as the originals. This "band" are an insult to Rock and covering a Metallica song half-way through their act is fucking sacrilegious! How the fuck did they end up at a metal festival and why did no-one attempt to assassinate them?!
Black Label Society - Download 12
Black Sabbath (four times) - Download 12, their own gig at the NIA, Birmingham in December 13, Download 16 (original line-up apart from Bill Ward - Tommy Clufetos from Ozzy's band was on drums), and on the last night of their farewell tour (4/2/2017)
Black Stone Cherry (twice) - Their own show in December 08 and Download 11
Black Tide - Bullet gig in November 08
Bleeding Through - Bullet gig in November 08
Bowling for Soup (twice) - Download 07 and Download 11 (only the last few songs)
Bring Me The Horizon - Download 11 - caught a bit of it between Alter Bridge and Korn
Bullet for My Valentine (five times) - Download 06, Reading 08, their own show in November 08, Sonisphere 09 and Download 11 (wanted to see them at DL10 but their slot clashed with Them Crooked Vultures')
CKY - Download 11
Clutch - Download 11
Coheed & Cambria - Download 06
Def Leppard - Download 11
Deftones (twice) - Download 10 and Download 16
Devildriver - Download 12
The Dirty Youth - Download 12 (only a couple of songs)
Disturbed - Download 11
Down (twice) - Download 06 (mystery band, listed as ???? in the programme) and Download 11
Dragonforce (twice) - Download 06, Download 07
Duff McKagan's Loaded - Download 11
Evanescence (or Herbal Essence as Harradine prefers to call them) - Download 07
Evile - Supported Megadeth
Fact - They were on the main stage at Sonisphere 09 because Coheed & Cambria had been delayed. They were trying to get the crowd going but instead just received comments such as "You're fat!"
Feeder (twice) - First years ago at Ross International Festival and then at Reading Festival 08
Five Finger Death Punch - Download 10 - cut short because they encouraged the audience to climb the barriers and get on the stage and someone got injured
Flyleaf - Download 10 - bastards made me miss most of Atreyu because they swapped slots and didn't bother to tell us
Funeral for a Friend - Download 06
Gallows (technically) - Reading 08 - saw a few minutes of their set between watching other bands
The Gaslight Anthem - Download 11
Guns N' Roses - Download 06 - Axl Rose is a cock. They were really late in the first place and then Axl slipped on the stage and fucked off for about 45 minutes or something. And of course it wasn't really Guns N' Roses, it was Axl Rose plus extras. It was a good performance though
Heaven & Hell - Sonisphere 09 - basically Black Sabbath but with Dio instead of Ozzy - OMG, I've seen Iommi!
Hellyeah - Download 07
In Flames - Download 06
Iron Maiden - Download 07
Job for a Cowboy - Supported Megadeth
Killing Joke - Sonisphere 09
Killswitch Engage (three times) - Download 07, Download 10 and Download 12
Korn (three times, technically) - At DL06 Jonathan Davis was ill, so we saw Korn with singers from other bands, including Corey Taylor and Matt Heafy. At DL07 Korn played with Joey Jordison as their drummer, but they were on the second stage so we couldn't fit in and left. Finally got to see them properly at Download 11
Kyuss Lives! - Download 12
Lacuna Coil (twice) - Download 06 and Bullet gig in November 08
Lamb of God (three times) - Download 07, Sonisphere 09 and Download 12
Limp Bizkit - Sonisphere 09 - LOL, I actually enjoyed it - used to love them. They only played songs off their first three albums so all the ones I knew :)
Linkin Park (twice) - Download 07 and Sonisphere 09
Machine Head (three times) - Download 07, Sonisphere 09 and Download 12
Marilyn Manson - Download 07
Mastadon (twice) - Download 07 and Sonisphere 09. The night we saw them at Download, Leon swears he saw the guitarist's face in the dirt pattern on a paper plate we walked past. He thought it was Jesus' face for a second though, so we had a croud of people trying to see it. Obviously, we were completely sober
Megadeth (five times) - Download 07, their own gig at Carling Academy Birmingham, Download 10, Download 12 and Download 16
Metallica (five times) - Download 06, Reading 08, at the O2 Arena, London in 08, Sonisphere 09 and Download 12. Nothing can beat a live Metallica gig :)
Mindless Self Indulgence - Reading 08 - saw the end while we were waiting for Feeder. They'd been moved up to replace Avenged Sevenfold. They are shit
Motörhead - Download 10 - Slash joined them for one song
My Chemical Romance (technically) - Download 07 - went to watch the bottling after we realised there was no way we were gonna get into the Dimebag Darrell Stage to see Korn with Joey. I joined in with screaming "FUCK OFF!" at MCR
My Darkest Days - Download 11 - saw them while we were sheltering from the rain
Nightwish - Download 12
Nine Inch Nails - Sonisphere 09 - boring as hell. They are pretty good when they get going, but unfortunately they rarely seem to get going, and when they finally do it eventually becomes boring and repetitive
NOFX - Download 12
Papa Roach - Download 07
The Pretty Reckless - Download 11
Puddle of Mudd - Download 11 - better than I expected, though their best song was a cover of AC/DC's TNT
Queens Of The Stone Age - Reading 08
Rage Against The Machine (twice) - Reading 08 and Download 10
Rival Sons - supporting Sabbath on the last night of their farewell tour, 2017
Rob Zombie - Download 11
Saxon - Sonisphere 09
Serj Tankian - Reading 08
Sevendust (twice) - Black Stone Cherry gig in December 08 and Download 11
Shadows Fall - Download 07
Skindred (twice) - Sonisphere 09 and Download 11
Skunk Anansie - Download 11
Slash & Myles Kennedy (twice) - Download 10 and Download 12 - Both times, they did a few songs off Slash's albums, as well as a few Guns N' Roses songs (better than Guns N' Roses did of course, and Myles' voice is perfect for them) and a Velvet Revolver song (Slither)
Slayer - Download 07
Soil (twice) - Download 06 and Sonisphere 09
Soulfly - Download 06
Soundgarden - Download 12
Staind - At the HMV Institute, Birmingham in October 11
Stapping Young Lad - Download 06
Starseed - Download 11 - saw them while we were sheltering from the rain but I wasn't really paying attention
Steel Panther - Download 12
Stone Gods - Black Stone Cherry gig in December 08
Stone Sour (three times) - Download 06, Download 07 and Download 10 (although only the first half an hour or so that time because they clashed with Aerosmith)
System of a Down - Download 11 - finally! I was starting to worry they wouldn't get back together
Taking Back Sunday - Reading 08 - the singer had a permanent limp wrist :s
Tenacious D (twice) - Reading 08 and Download 12
Them Crooked Vultures - Download 10 - I've finally seen Dave Grohl!!
Thin Lizzy - Download 11
Tool - Download 06
Trivium (twice) - Download 06 and Download 12
The Used - Sonisphere 09 - the singer said pretty much the same thing as me about Björn Again
Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats - Black Sabbath gig at the NIA in December 13
Velvet Revolver - Download 07 - Slash! They do Guns N' Roses songs better than Guns N' Roses do
Wicked Wisdom - Download 06 - Will Smith was on the stage too, but he didn't perform xD
Wolfmother - Download 07
Young Guns (technically) - Download 10 - only saw a couple of songs before Zebrahead came on
Zebrahead - Download 10

These are the festivals I've been to:
Download Festival 2006
Download Festival 2007
Reading Festival 2008
Sonisphere Festival 2009
Download Festival 2010
Download Festival 2011
Download Festival 2012
Download Festival 2016 - Day Ticket for the Saturday
dungeonkeeper
Server Admin

Re: Balrog's List

Postby dungeonkeeper » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:21 am

Björn Again - Sonisphere 09 - OMFG! Abba covers?! Supposedly rocked up but they sound just as bad as the originals. This "band" are an insult to Rock and covering a Metallica song half-way through their act is fucking sacrilegious! How the fuck did they end up at a metal festival and why did no-one attempt to assassinate them?!

I take it you wont be going to see them again any time soon :lol:
[mtadayz1stats]lara[/mtadayz1stats]
[mtadayz2stats]lara[/mtadayz2stats]
Balrog
Founder

Postby Balrog » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:30 am

Haha, you'd have to pay me.
Balrog
Founder

Postby Balrog » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:45 pm

Saw Sabbath again last night on what was supposedly their last ever performance. Support band, Rival Sons, makes it 109.

Return to “Music”