PUBG-style DayZ-based Game Mode?

Would you be interested in playing a PUBG-style game mode based on the MTA:DayZ resource?

Yes, I would definitely play it.
93%
No, that sounds boring.
No votes
I don't have an opinion.
7%

Total votes: 14
Balrog
Founder

PUBG-style DayZ-based Game Mode?

Postby Balrog » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:35 am

I've been looking into creating an MTA PUBG server, but I don't think it will be possible as it looks like the existing servers are using game modes created specially by their owners, so there are no working downloads for the game mode. It's not really possible for me to make a game mode like those without a large team of programmers, graphics designers, etc.

I think most of the people asking for an MTA battlegrounds server are thinking along the lines of the other servers and want it to look and feel like PUBG. But, if you don't care that much about the PUBG-style graphical changes, weapons, inventory system, etc., there is one possibility... I could make a PUBG-style game mode based on the MTA:DayZ resource. It would look and work like MTA:DayZ but it would be played in rounds, with no zombies, no food and drink, no tents or bases, and with a slowly shrinking play area like in PUBG. The weapons and inventory system would be identical to the MTA:DayZ ones, and some of the features I've added to DayZ, such as the interiors, would be included.

It would probably take a month or 2 to make the basic game and then some other elements of PUBG, like helmets/armour and the HUD features, could be gradually added over time.

This probably isn't the sort of thing people want, but I could be wrong so please vote and let me know.
dungeonkeeper
Server Admin

Re: PUBG-style DayZ-based Game Mode?

Postby dungeonkeeper » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:38 am

I tried out a MTA PUBG last night, for testing out if my laptop could run it, (it could no problem) honestly thought I would hate the game as i have seen the original and not been impressed.

I LOVE it, and the fact its based in San Andrea's really helps, you know the map and how to get to the zones quickly. The hud was very similar to the pubg original too.

I managed to get into the last four players by my 3rd game which isn't bad for a beginner. Very fast paced game.

I would recommend that the 2nd server changes
[mtadayz1stats]lara[/mtadayz1stats]
[mtadayz2stats]lara[/mtadayz2stats]
GRnovaGR4ever

Postby GRnovaGR4ever » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:39 am

Epic!
Beast2208

Postby Beast2208 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:25 pm

Hello there! That sounds fantastic, I've been waiting for this long time. I was thinking about the VIP advantages. Would be good if VIPs could open garages with a garanteed random vehicle in it. Also a lot of skins, not SA ones.
You shouldn't add any supercar because it would be too overpowered. Also no fast bikes. Ping limit should be set to 160 instead of 180 because players with high ping would teleport. If you could add duos and squad mode it would be wonderful. This gamemode should be instead of Dayz2 because nobody really plays it. Those are my current ideas, if something comes to my mind I will post.
kamax

Postby kamax » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:51 pm

Would also be awesome (i bet it would request lots of coding) if vips could make costum games like if we could turn off and on some weapons , vehicles , medicals ect
dungeonkeeper
Server Admin

Postby dungeonkeeper » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:51 am

The way this game is played means garages and fast cars are of very little use, you simply dont have time.

Zones close in very fast, even looting interiors has to be done so quickly, maybe its possible to slow that down but then it would lose the point.
[mtadayz1stats]lara[/mtadayz1stats]
[mtadayz2stats]lara[/mtadayz2stats]
Balrog
Founder

Postby Balrog » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:06 am

I agree with most of Beast's ideas. Ping limit, definitely. VIP skins, definitely, and I'll probably keep the levelling/XP system in and make it so the main unlockable things are skins too, as that's similar to PUBG. And yeah, no fast cars - the vehicles will be basic ones, similar to the default MTA:DayZ vehicles probably.

Not sure about the garages. Sounds OP but, as DK has said, the game moves too fast for them to really be that useful, so maybe if opening them is as simple as a single key press those two things will balance each other out? Not sure, I'll have to think about it a bit more.

KaMaX, your idea would be more than a lot of coding. It would pretty much double the total coding, plus it would split the player count, which is the last thing we need to begin with, though if the server turns out to be popular and I upgrade the server package at some point so we can have more slots, it might be a good idea in the future.

Overall though, I'm glad people are interested in this. Gives me a lot of work to do but it will keep me occupied for the next few months :D I just hope it works out and doesn't disappoint people.

Edit: I've started work on it. Later on I'll make a much easier way to transfer items from server 2 VIP bases to server 1 and people can start doing that. You'll have a while yet before it gets shut down.
GRnovaGR4ever

Postby GRnovaGR4ever » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:51 am

Idea: I think every one should start with CJ skin and when we win points from playing it we should customise CJ i mean we could buy clothes, hats, glasses and ect. Like real PUBG and vips could play as CJ or a skin they chose. Would be awesome to buy some cool or funny clothes and play. And i forgot to say would be cool if we buffed CJ like give him more muscles or make him fat.
Balrog
Founder

Postby Balrog » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:45 am

You have a good point there. The problem is the CJ skin used to completely bug out DayZ when we had it on there. Not sure if it was because of the backpacks or what but if I can figure out what caused it I'll see if I can do that.
Balrog
Founder

Postby Balrog » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:39 pm

I checked the CJ skin out on the test server and it has 2 separate bugs, unfortunately. The backpack glitches out, and also if you log in when you have your skin set to CJ, it makes you fall through the ground and appear in the middle of the map, and completely bugs out your account. If I can fix it I will probably add it in future but, to begin with at least, I'll just use the other skins like in DayZ.

Return to “Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas”